Saturday, July 18, 2009

Guessing Game!



Ok, this isn't trying to pass as a real post, of course. It's mostly because Gregan was badgering me about how long it's been since I've updated. It has been a while, but with good excuse. I was gallivanting about Spain for the past week and a half. Then I got sick. Yes, the two events are very likely connected.
Also, in between Spain and sick there was Bastille Day. Pictures and videos of all that to come, perhaps even as soon as tomorrow. For today, though, I wanted to share something that I learned about the French on Bastille Day. Something that I knew my family would love. It is this:
When someone in France does something stupid, that frenchy's friends might say, "Quel blaireau."
Eleventy thousand points to whoever gets the translation first and uses it in a sentence. Twelvety thousand if they include a picture (or link to one).
Go!

4 comments:

  1. http://greenforks.com/asset/greenforks/2009/04/badger-3.jpg



    What a badger! At least that's what google assures me, and I really hope it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I have to use it in context to claim the first eleventy thousand points. Ahem:

    That chap is snogging so loudly in the theatre, I can hardly hear Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince! Quel Blaireau!

    Or how about this:

    That short, heavy-set guy with distinctive black and white patterned hair keeps digging holes, eating insects, worms, and grubs, and fiercely defending himself and his young at all costs! Quel Blaireau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe... Now let's see some Spain... minus the bull fight, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it is usually followed by someone else adding, "Snaaaaake! What a snaaaake!"

    Gregan, I'm still LingOL about your second example. Well used.

    ReplyDelete